There are actually several ways players are ranked within the PDC – which effect player qualifications to different tournaments and events.
- PDC Order of Merit – this is the full list of all players, and the position in the world, based on 2 year rolling prize money
- Pro Tour order of Merit – this is the rankings based on prize money won in the player championships, UK Open qualifiers (as of 2012), and the European Tour floor tournaments only. It does not include the big TV tournaments.
- Challenge Tour – the rankings from the PDC’s “2nd” tour.
- UK Open Order of Merit – just used for the qualifying for the UK Open (as of 2015 two three day events)
- Youth Tour – current youth tour order of merit.